[imp] 6.1.0-git

Simon Brereton simon.buongiorno at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 08:38:32 UTC 2013

On 9 April 2013 23:23, Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org> wrote:
> Quoting Simon Brereton <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>:

>>> Yes.  Please check the list archives - this was announced last week.
>>

>> What was announced was a migration to 6.1 - what wasn't announced was the
>> loss of spam reporting functionality, or, as I see it from the diff on the
>> config files, the loss of auto creating special folders and a bunch of
>> other things...
>

> This is exactly what was stated in the announcement.  Namely that if you
> wanted to keep running, for example, IMP 6.0 you needed to immediately
> switch to FRAMEWORK_5_0 once the change occurred.

One of those things is not like the other in my opinion.  I didn't
have a fixed opinion on whether to stay with the current framework.  I
admit I assumed it would bring improvements and not reduced
functionality.  I would have had a fixed opinion had I known I was
going to lose important (to me) functionality and taken the steps that
were advised in the announcement.

Even now, I don't it critical if that functionality will come back (it
is after all a pre-release version).

If it's not coming back, I'd like to know what the rationality is
behind it.  This might open up a larger discussion about what else
will be removed from Horde and the applications in future.

Thanks.

Simon