[imp] Installing horde git version

Michael Wisniewski wisniewski at mwiz.org
Tue Apr 23 12:38:42 UTC 2013

Quoting Luis Felipe Marzagao <lfbm.andamentos at gmail.com>:

> Em 21-04-2013 21:04, Michael Wisniewski escreveu:

>>> The autoloader cache is a framework part, not an app, so when
>>> installing the git horde, you will always have it installed.
>>>
>>> Restarting the web server does not purge the cache. In linux, it
>>> would usually be in /tmp.

>>> If you are not going to develop horde, I can't see why you would want
>>> to install the git version. Pear installing the stable version is much
>>> simpler and stable and gives fewer headaches.
>>
>> I agree, it would give me less headaches, but there are some fixes
>> I want that are in the dev version that haven't been pushed into
>> the release version.  I've been battling with this on and off today
>> and for whatever reason, it just doesn't want to work.
>>

> Making the git folder web accessible can be a little tricky. The
> only thing I can recommend you is to read really carefully the page
> I sent before, and pay attention to the cache (purge it),
> permissions on horde folder/files and on the
> horde/config/registry.conf.

Well, I figured it out.  As usual, it is something I was doing wrong.
I have my horde install in a /webmail.new/ folder in web server.  So,
for example, it's <url>/webmail.new/.  In my registry.local.php, I had
this in there...

--
$this->applications['horde']['webroot'] = '/webmail.new';
$this->applications['imp']['webroot'] = '/webmail.new';

$app_fileroot = '/var/www/webmail.new/';
--

I commented out the imp.webroot line and things started working.  I'm
not sure where I got that line from, but that was the trick.  Things