[imp] SASL authentication in IMP-6.1.0beta1

Simon B simon.buongiorno at gmail.com
Fri May 17 08:10:34 UTC 2013

On 15 May 2013 19:58, Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org> wrote:

>> Zitat von Arjen de Korte <arjen+horde at de-korte.org>:

>>> I'm not sure. When I enter the same information from the Mailer tab in
>>> 'imp/config/backends.local.php', it works as before. Could it be this is the
>>> future method of configuration of the SASL authentication and that the
>>> Mailer tab will be deprecated soon?
>>

>> No, the global mailer configuration is still required for applications
>> other than IMP. And authentication with the current user's credentials will
>> always be supported.
>

> FWIW, I require authentication to my SMTP server and it works fine for me
> configured in Horde's config.

I've run into this problem too.  Although I am running Git.

For the record here is my 6.0 config vs the 6.1

 15     'smtp' => array(
 16         'auth' => true,
 17         'debug' => false,
 18         'localhost' => 'localhost',
 19         'host' => 'mail.example.net',
 20         'port' => 587,
 21         'password' => null,
 22         'username' => null

437 #    'smtp' => array(
438 #        'auth' => true,
439 #        'localhost' => 'localhost',
440 #        'host' => 'mail.example.net',
441 #        'port' => 587,
442 #        'username' => null,
443 #        'password' => null,

I can't have all the users authenticating with my account.  What do you suggest?

Thanks.

Simon