[imp] SASL authentication in IMP-6.1.0beta1

Simon B simon.buongiorno at gmail.com
Fri May 17 08:16:20 UTC 2013

On 17 May 2013 10:10, Simon B <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> No, the global mailer configuration is still required for applications
>>> other than IMP. And authentication with the current user's credentials will
>>> always be supported.
>>

>> FWIW, I require authentication to my SMTP server and it works fine for me
>> configured in Horde's config.
>
> I've run into this problem too.  Although I am running Git.
>
> For the record here is my 6.0 config vs the 6.1
>
>  15     'smtp' => array(
>  16         'auth' => true,
>  17         'debug' => false,
>  18         'localhost' => 'localhost',
>  19         'host' => 'mail.example.net',
>  20         'port' => 587,
>  21         'password' => null,
>  22         'username' => null
>
> 437 #    'smtp' => array(
> 438 #        'auth' => true,
> 439 #        'localhost' => 'localhost',
> 440 #        'host' => 'mail.example.net',
> 441 #        'port' => 587,
> 442 #        'username' => null,
> 443 #        'password' => null,
>
> I can't have all the users authenticating with my account.  What do you suggest?

I should have added the maillogs
May 17 08:12:05 mail postfix/submission/smtpd[20028]: connect from
localhost[127.0.0.1]
May 17 08:12:05 mail postfix/submission/smtpd[20028]: setting up TLS
connection from localhost[127.0.0.1]
May 17 08:12:05 mail postfix/submission/smtpd[20028]: Anonymous TLS
connection established from localhost[127.0.0.1]: TLSv1 with cipher
DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA (256/256 bits)
May 17 08:12:05 mail dovecot: auth(default): login(?,127.0.0.1): Empty username
May 17 08:12:07 mail postfix/submission/smtpd[20028]: warning:
localhost[127.0.0.1]: SASL LOGIN authentication failed: VXNlcm5hbWU6

VXNlcm5hbWU6 decodes to Username:

Is this an error on my part?

Simon