[imp] Message list shows invalid address and no subject for most messages

Edward Burr egburr at burr.cc
Sun May 26 13:22:36 UTC 2013

Hello,

I'm using Horde groupware 5.0.4 (upgraded from v4 a couple months ago)
with IMP H5 6.0.4. Occasionally I run into this problem where my mail
message list shows a few items okay, but then at some point in the
list, switches to showing all the rest as "Invalid address" and "[No
Subject]" all with a timestamp of the time the whole page was last
reloaded. I can open those mails, and they display fine. The only
problem is that I can't see the sender/subject in the message listing.
Eventually, it clears up, but I can't figure out any way to force it
to clear up.

I have searched the horde mailing list archives, but the only thing I
can find about this is a suggestion to switch my imap server from UW
to dovecot; well, I'm already using dovecot and have been for years,
and it is up-to-date.

I first noticed this yesterday when I was working on cleaning out my
mailbox. I would do a search, and sometimes the search results would
show this behavior. All I had to do was repeat the search, and it
would be fine then. I whittled my inbox down from 12000 messages to
under 6000, cleaning up years of neglect. Today I wanted to continue
the task, but now my inbox is showing only the first 20 messages
properly, and all the rest are "invalid address" and "no subject", and
nothing I've done has affected that.

I have logged out and back in to horde. I have stopped the apache
server, removed all the /tmp/cache* files that get created when I
login to horde, and restart the server. I have cleared my browser
cache. I have closed/restarted my browser. Nothing has helped.

If I load my mail using a different browser (IE instead of chrome) the
message listing displays properly, but then when I go back to chrome
the problem remains.

Any thoughts on how to fix this?
--
"In television it is a cardinal sin to allow the viewer a
single moment when his ears and eyes are not assaulted by