[imp] scrollbars on message listing

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Tue May 28 17:41:54 UTC 2013

Quoting Edward Burr <egburr at burr.cc>:

>>> After upgrading ti Horde Groupware 5.0.4 from v4 a few months ago,
>>> I've noticed that the scrollbar on the side of the message listing
>>> has disappeared. I have missed it, but didn't think much about it
>>> until I was troubleshooting another problem this morning and
>>> opened my mail using IE (instead of chrome) and discovered the
>>> scrollbar was there! So, now I'm wondering if it is possible to
>>> get the scrollbar back on chrome.
>>
>> It is there.  If you are not seeing it, there is an error in the
>> javascript on your browser.
>
> Interesting. I tried it on my work laptop, and the scrollbars are
> there. Same level of chrome, and as far as I can tell all the same
> settings. I can't find any difference between them at all. They're
> even both running win7 64-bit. Can you think of anything I should
> look for?

Short of manually debugging with the javascript console, no.  Be aware
that javascript errors won't always show up in the browser due to the
internals of prototypejs (IIRC, exceptions thrown in things like the
dom:loaded handler are silently discarded) so you often have to
manually trace the code to find the issue.

michael