[imp] User is not authorized for imp

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Mon Jul 22 20:41:34 UTC 2013

Quoting info at netfast.biz:

> Hello,
>
> I have been trying hard for days to get horde groupware
> 5.1.1 webmail edition to work well and cannot get these 2
> functionalities to work together:
>
> I get a "User is not authorized for
> imp" Error message and no mail shows, in my curent setup - which uses
> SQL authenication
>
> 1) I want to allow new users to register, (this only
> works if I use a SQL authentication backend - it does not work - i.e. no
> register links are displayed if I use horde authentication and choose
> imp.)

The better option would be to allow user creation on the IMAP server.
Then you would not need to have two separate authentication backends.

Not sure if this works with Dovecot.  Generally, Cyrus is used to do
IMAP administration via the IMAP interface itself.

> 2) I want users to be able to delete messages so they go into
> the Trash directly, -( If I use horde / imp authentication, I see the
> email messages, but cannot move them to Trash, although I can move them
> to other folders I have created! I get IMAP Server error message

What is the IMAP server message?  You can also post the results of
IMAP debug logs, which would be much more useful.  See, e.g.:
http://wiki.horde.org/Doc/Dev/DebugH4

michael