[imp] Fundraising: IMP Multiple Accounts Feature

Andy Dorman adorman at ironicdesign.com
Tue Aug 6 13:00:23 UTC 2013

On 08/05/2013 06:33 PM, Simon Wilson wrote:
> ----- Message from Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org> ---------
> Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2013 13:40:33 -0600
> From: Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>
> Subject: [imp] Fundraising: IMP Multiple Accounts Feature
> To: dev at lists.horde.org, imp at lists.horde.org
>

>> All,
>>
>> Recently on the IMP mailing list, several individuals have identified
>> the desire for an ability to access multiple accounts from within a
>> single Horde/IMP session. I reported that this has been on the IMP
>> TODO list for sometime, but would be a complex and time-consuming
>> undertaking and one that would need to be funded in order to occur.
>>
>> There was positive feedback about going the crowdfunding route, so it
>> has been decided to attempt this method to see if it can succeed. Not
>> to mention, this is an interesting social experiment regarding this
>> new method of driving innovation at an open source software level.
>>
>> The fundraiser page can be found here:
>>
>> http://tilt.tc/Evs2
>>
>> Important note: NOBODY is charged unless the full funding level is
>> reached.
>>
>> (Side note: I initially was going to use bountysource as the host, but
>> they charge 10% regardless of whether the project reaches its goal or
>> not. In other words, if the goal is not reached everyone who pledged
>> would receive a refund minus 10%. Obviously I am hopeful that this
>> won't be an issue since we will be successfully funded, but it is
>> entirely unacceptable to charge people for nothing in case this
>> doesn't happen -- thus the move to Crowdtilt, which only charges if
>> successful.)
>>
>> Thanks everyone,
>>
>> michael
>>

> The ball is rolling... signed up and $100 committed.
>
> Simon

We are in for $500.

--
Andy Dorman
FanMail.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message is for the named person's use only.
It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged
information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any
erroneous transmission. If you receive this message in error, please
immediately destroy it and notify the sender. You must not, directly or
indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, or copy any part of this message
if you are not the intended recipient.