[imp] Fundraising: IMP Multiple Accounts Feature

Torben Dannhauer torben at dannhauer.info
Wed Aug 7 08:56:36 UTC 2013

All,

Recently on the IMP mailing list, several individuals have identified the
desire for an ability to access multiple accounts from within a single
Horde/IMP session.  I reported that this has been on the IMP TODO list for
sometime, but would be a complex and time-consuming undertaking and one that
would need to be funded in order to occur.

There was positive feedback about going the crowdfunding route, so it has
been decided to attempt this method to see if it can succeed.  Not to
mention, this is an interesting social experiment regarding this new method
of driving innovation at an open source software level.

The fundraiser page can be found here:

http://tilt.tc/Evs2

Important note: NOBODY is charged unless the full funding level is reached.

(Side note: I initially was going to use bountysource as the host, but they
charge 10% regardless of whether the project reaches its goal or not.  In
other words, if the goal is not reached everyone who pledged would receive a
refund minus 10%.  Obviously I am hopeful that this won't be an issue since
we will be successfully funded, but it is entirely unacceptable to charge
people for nothing in case this doesn't happen -- thus the move to
Crowdtilt, which only charges if
successful.)

Thanks everyone,

michael