[imp] imp 6.1.4

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Tue Aug 27 17:28:05 UTC 2013

Quoting Thomas Jarosch <thomas.jarosch at intra2net.com>:

> Hello Brent,
>
>> So, when you compose a new message in imp 6.1.4, it now defaults to
>> opening the compose window full height...1200 pixels on the desktop
>> in my case.  I can't see a way to change it.
>
> to clarify the matter of the 1200 pixels: Do you think any
> window height larger than f.e. 1000 pixels is just too much text area?
>
> Or do you want to say the window is 1200 pixels
> and sits directly next to the taskbar / overlaps the taskbar?
>
> In my workflow I usually run Firefox with the max possible window size.
> Therefore new messages also use the max possible window size.
>
> How do you normally access imp? Full window size?

This shouldn't matter though (i.e. full window size).  The sizing of
the compose window is completely independent from the size of any
browser window.

The compose window is sized in relation to the size of the *screen*.
It will be sized at the screen height minus any UI Chrome (i.e.
Windows taskbar) minus 50 pixels.

The problem I believe Thomas is reporting is that he has a browser
that is not correctly removing the size of the UI chrome.  That's what
I am asking about in terms of working around these broken browsers (I
can't reproduce this on any browser in either Windows 7 or WinXP).

michael