[imp] High priority mail

ANANT S ATHAVALE asa at isac.gov.in
Wed Aug 28 04:53:04 UTC 2013

  ----- Message from Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org> ---------
   Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 12:23:31 -0600
   From: Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>
Subject: Re: [imp] High priority mail
     To: imp at lists.horde.org

> Quoting Oscar del Rio <delrio at mie.utoronto.ca>:
>
>> On 22/08/2013 1:43 AM, ANANT S ATHAVALE wrote:
>>> When a mail is received with Priority as High, the mailbox listing is
>>> suppose to show the mail with 'pink' background color (default). But,
it
>>> changes color to pink only after the mail is opened once.
>>
>> I can't reproduce either. High Priority emails are highlighted pink
>> immediately in my tests.
>
> It's entirely dependent on the order the IMAP server returns the IMAP
> flags.
>
> The problem is that both 'unseen' and 'high priority' have the same CSS
> importance.  CSS only allows a binary determination of what is
> "important".  Thus, 2 or more rules with labeled important necessarily
> need to overwrite each other in either a FIFO or LIFO manner.
>
> Writing code to get around this would be prohibitively expensive and not
> worth it - especially since "priority" is not even a real, recognized
> flag.
>
> michael

flag.  It is just a header in Mail.  And also, I am able to see the '!'
character getting listed with the mail. It means, IMP knows that, this is a
high priority mail.  See the image attached, but only pink color is not
coming in the background.

And as soon I view the mail and refresh the mailbox, the background color
of the mail changes to pink.  Attached is screenshot -2.  This pink color
should have come in the begining itself.

----- End message from Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org> -----
--
           Regards
            Anant