[imp] Vertical Layout.

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Tue Sep 3 20:12:42 UTC 2013

Quoting Simon B <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>:

> My point is how do you make vertical permanent?  Without losing it in an
> upgrade please?

You can't.  The vertical positioning is NOT an IMP preference though.
It is a *browser-specific* setting.

I don't see any pressing need to allow this to be configurable anyway.
  The horizontal layout is the only setting that makes sense
cross-browser.

You can always add some javascript as necessary via a hook to change
this.  But there is no guaranteee that javascript files are not going
to change across versions, so you still need to verify this everytime
you update.  This is no different than changing CSS or template files,
FWIW.

michael