[imp] Connecting from portal

Maxime Pelletier maxime.pelletier at educsa.org
Thu Sep 12 14:15:27 UTC 2013

Jan Schneider <jan <at> horde.org> writes:

> Zitat von Maxime Pelletier <maxime.pelletier <at> educsa.org>:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Here is my problem. We simulate a SSO login to Horde within our portal by
> > sending the username and password in a POST request to Horde. This part
> > works fine. However, when a user logout from our portal, it doesn't log him
> > out from Horde. So if a second user login to the portal, then to Horde
> > (without closing the browser), the second user get connected to the first
> > user account.
> >
> > In an older version of Horde, sending the second connexion POST request
> > would logout the first session, and display the login form to the user. Is
> > it possible to bring back this behavior?
> >
> > If not, do you have any workaround for me?
> >
> > Thanks in advance for you help.
> >
> > Max
>
> Create a simple transparent authentication driver instead, and
> implement the validateAuth() method.

Hi Jan,

Thanks a lot for taking the time to answer my question.

However, I would appreciate if you could give me a little bit more details
about that, or point me to some documentation.

I couldn't locate the validateAuth() method. I'm not even sure if this is
supposed to be at Horde or IMP level. We configured our server so that IMP
provides authentication.

Also, what is the right way to validate that a user is already logged in?
And what is the right way to log out a user?

Again, thanks a lot for you help.

Maxime