[imp] Connecting from portal

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Fri Sep 13 13:10:19 UTC 2013

Quoting Maxime Pelletier <maxime.pelletier at educsa.org>:

> Jan Schneider <jan <at> horde.org> writes:
>

>> Zitat von Maxime Pelletier <maxime.pelletier <at> educsa.org>:
>>
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > Here is my problem. We simulate a SSO login to Horde within our portal by
>> > sending the username and password in a POST request to Horde. This part
>> > works fine. However, when a user logout from our portal, it
>> doesn't log him
>> > out from Horde. So if a second user login to the portal, then to Horde
>> > (without closing the browser), the second user get connected to the first
>> > user account.
>> >
>> > In an older version of Horde, sending the second connexion POST request
>> > would logout the first session, and display the login form to the user. Is
>> > it possible to bring back this behavior?
>> >
>> > If not, do you have any workaround for me?
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance for you help.
>> >
>> > Max
>>
>> Create a simple transparent authentication driver instead, and
>> implement the validateAuth() method.
>
> Hi Jan,
>
> Thanks a lot for taking the time to answer my question.
>
> However, I would appreciate if you could give me a little bit more details
> about that, or point me to some documentation.
>
> I couldn't locate the validateAuth() method. I'm not even sure if this is
> supposed to be at Horde or IMP level. We configured our server so that IMP
> provides authentication.

It's a method exposed by the authentication object. See Horde_Auth::

> Also, what is the right way to validate that a user is already logged in?

Horde_Auth::validateAuth()

> And what is the right way to log out a user?

Horde_Registry::clearAuth()

Jan had written a very comprehensive post regarding how authentication
works in Horde (Hint: it's fairly complicated). IIRC, it was written
for Horde 4, but the concepts are still mostly valid in Horde 5. See
http://janschneider.de/news/5/342
--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)