[imp] Ability to send “Copy Protected” mail

Edward Burr egburr at burr.cc
Thu Sep 12 13:47:42 UTC 2013

Quoting azurIt <azurit at pobox.sk>:

>> Hi,
>>
>> Since last some days, i am searching a web-clients for mail server. HOrde
>> is one of feature rich web-client that i found.
>>
>> Could any body please let me know how can i achieve
>>
>> Ability to send “Copy Protected” mail that cannot be forwarded, printed, or
>> cut/copy and paste.
>>
>> Looking fwd to hear from you soon.
>

> Hi,
>
> are you serious? :)
>
> azur

He may be serious.  I use IBM's Lotus Notes at work, and that has the
ability to "copy protect" email. Basically, the sender sets some sort
of "copy protect" flag, and the mail client recognizes and enforces
it. It's very, very frustrating when trying to reply to someone when
they do that. I end up taking a screenshot of the message and pasting
the picture into my reply, so really the protection is not completely
effective.

Anyway, that's probably what he's asking for. Personally, I think it's
a little ridiculous for email, especially considering that it's
completely up to the mail client to enforce the copy protection. So,
all the end user has to do is use a different mail client that doesn't
enforce it.

Edward
--
"In television it is a cardinal sin to allow the viewer a
single moment when his ears and eyes are not assaulted by