[imp] Ability to send “Copy Protected” mail

Andy Dorman adorman at ironicdesign.com
Thu Sep 12 13:42:00 UTC 2013

On 09/12/2013 06:52 AM, Vikas Parashar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Since last some days, i am searching a web-clients for mail server. HOrde
> is one of feature rich web-client that i found.
>
> Could any body please let me know how can i achieve
>
> Ability to send “Copy Protected” mail that cannot be forwarded, printed, or
> cut/copy and paste.
>
> Looking fwd to hear from you soon.

An email is just a file, mostly text, with "special" bits like images,
pdfs and zip files sent via smtp.  There is no way you can "stop" the
recipient from doing anything they want with that file once they have it
on their computer.

You can encrypt part of the file (the email "body") to make it
unreadable by anyone without the proper decryption tool (or a very fast
quantum computer code breaker)...but once they have the file in their
possession, you have NO control or say over what they can do with it.

--
Andy Dorman