[imp] failing message move marks original message as "deleted"

Jens-U. Mozdzen jmozdzen at nde.ag
Wed Oct 9 13:12:41 UTC 2013

Hi,

using Horde IMP 6.1.3 dynamic view, I moved a message to another
user's folder. At least I tried - missing the posting permission for
that folder, the move failed with an according red message box.

But I noticed that the original message was marked as deleted -
although my account is set to "move to trash" ;)

Refreshing the folder doesn't reset the displayed "deleted" flag,
neither does switching the folders.

When I open the folder in a new browser window/tab, the message is
without the deleted flag - IOW, this is a problem local to the UI.

Steps to reproduce:
- open folder with messages in dynamic view
- drag message to a different folder, where you have insufficient
permissions for the move

Observed behavior:
- red message box indicating IMAP error
- original message is marked as deleted in UI (but not in IMAP)

Expeced behavior:

- red message box indicating IMAP error
- original message is displayed in its original state

Regards,
Jens