[imp] Horde_Smtp locale

R Phillips R.I.Phillips at bath.ac.uk
Fri Oct 11 10:52:24 UTC 2013

On 10/10/13 22:38, Michael M Slusarz wrote:
> Quoting R Phillips <R.I.Phillips at bath.ac.uk>:
>
>> On attempting to send a message using Horde Groupware Webmail Edition
>> 5.1.2 with a separate pear install, there is an error that the locale
>> directory cannot be found, "pear/php/Horde/Smtp/../../../locale" which
>> would appear to be correct, such a directory does not exist.
>
> That path is correct.
>
>> So is @data_dir@ not being set appropriately, is ../../../locale
>> searching for the wrong directory - or, more likely, I've done something
>> else wrong?
>
> I have no idea.  (Note that Horde_Smtp doesn't actually have any locales
> yet, so not sure if that is causing an issue.)
>
> michael
>
> ___________________________________
> Michael Slusarz [slusarz at horde.org]

This is a result of using the previous workaround used for Net_SMTP

$conf['mailer']['params']['host'] = 'ssl://smtphost.example.com';
$conf['mailer']['params']['port'] = 465;

This would appear not to work with Horde_Smtp based on what I can gather
from the emails to the list on Aug 28 or thereabouts.  The translation
of the error message "Error connecting to SMTP server." was failing
based on the path issue described for the locale.

Note quite sure how I'm going to use SSL at the moment.  The indication
I get from the previous messsage is that it will only establsh a secure
connection over TLS port 578?