[imp] Feature Request - selectable email addresses and add to existing contact.

azurIt azurit at pobox.sk
Wed Oct 30 20:31:00 UTC 2013

> Od: Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>
> Komu: <imp at lists.horde.org>
> Dátum: 30.10.2013 21:18
> Predmet: Re: [imp] Feature Request - selectable email addresses and add to existing contact.
>
>Quoting Simon B <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> When one clicks on an email address in imp, one is offered the choice
>> of new message or adding to contacts.  The email address is shown but
>> is not selectable - meaning the only way to copy an email address of a
>> message you receive is to select the new message choice and copy it
>> from there and then close the newly opened window - altogether that's
>> a suboptimal user experience and more clicks than is necessary.
>
>Patch?  This is difficult to accomplish because clicking in a context
>menu box immediately causes the box to close normally.
>
>> Would it not be possible to either:
>> - be able to double click to select the email address (leaving the
>> click and hold for the current menu drop-down)?  Or
>> - be able to select the email address that is shown?
>
>No.  See above.  Also, browser restrictions prevent having a button or
>something similar from transferring data to the local clipboard, so
>that's not an option.

I'm having the same problem - i just need to copy senders address quite often. Everytime i need to display the source or click 'Reply' to copy e-mail address - it's REALLY annoying! I suggest two more options:
 - display also e-mail address when viewing a message, normal or preview (better make it configurable: name / address / name + address)
 - add additional option to context menu, something like 'Copy e-mail address' which will copy e-mail address into clipboard (something similar to firefox's e-mail address context menu)

I really need to resolve this somehow or i will go crazy :( Michael, do you really never need to copy e-mail address?

azur