[imp] Feature Request - selectable email addresses and add to existing contact.

Simon B simon.buongiorno at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 10:05:18 UTC 2013

On 30 Oct 2013 21:58, "Michael M Slusarz" <slusarz at horde.org> wrote:

> Quoting azurIt <azurit at pobox.sk>:
>
>>> Od: Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>
>>> Komu: <imp at lists.horde.org>
>>> Dátum: 30.10.2013 21:18
>>> Predmet: Re: [imp] Feature Request - selectable email addresses and add
to existing contact.

>>> Patch?  This is difficult to accomplish because clicking in a context
>>> menu box immediately causes the box to close normally.

>>> No.  See above.  Also, browser restrictions prevent having a button or
>>> something similar from transferring data to the local clipboard, so
>>> that's not an option.
>>

>> I'm having the same problem - i just need to copy senders address quite
often. Everytime i need to display the source or click 'Reply' to copy
e-mail address - it's REALLY annoying! I suggest two more options:
>>  - display also e-mail address when viewing a message, normal or preview
(better make it configurable: name / address / name + address)
>>  - add additional option to context menu, something like 'Copy e-mail
address' which will copy e-mail address into clipboard (something similar
to firefox's e-mail address context menu)

>> I really need to resolve this somehow or i will go crazy :( Michael, do
you really never need to copy e-mail address?

> Honest answer: No.  I don't believe I have ever needed this in IMP.
>
> That doesn't mean I don't see the usefulness of this.  But I'm busy with
other projects right now, so as always "patch and/or funding" will get this
done quicker if this is necessary for you.  (Again, this might not be an
easy fix - since it can't break behavior for all other context-menu
actions).  Otherwise, this isn't really on my radar right now.

I can't code so a patch is out of the question sadly.  I could contribute a
little - how much would be needed?

I agree with Azur - just displaying the email along side would be
sufficient.

Gmail does have a lab that allows copied text to be transferred to the
clipboard, that would be even more optimal.

Simon