[imp] search reg.

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Mon Nov 11 21:10:13 UTC 2013

  Quoting Simon B <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>:

> On 11 Nov 2013 20:46, "Michael M Slusarz" <slusarz at horde.org> wrote:
>>
>> Quoting ANANT S ATHAVALE <asa at isac.gov.in>:
>>
>>> When search was used in Basic view, the search results used to show
>>> output
>>> with folder name.  In dynamic view, search result are shown without
>>> folder
>>> name.  Is there any option to enable that? Or any alternative to know
>>> which folder the mail belongs to?
>>

>> No.  That is a relic of basic view and is bad behavior.  The user
>> doesn't care which mailbox the result is from.  Additionally, it also
>> prevents sorting search results.
>
>   Michael, I beg to differ.  In a corporate environment this is quite
> useful and the user does care.  I care less (although some) as an admin
> because I have other tech and logic skills.  However in my day job
> managing projects, I'd be lost without this.

Disagree.  No other MUA does this either, for the reasons stated above.

(For example, Thunderbird allows you to select a specific mailbox
after you search, but DOESN'T identify what mailbox any individual
message is from in the results list.  Gmail merges all search results
into a single list.)

michael