[imp] search reg.

Simon B simon.buongiorno at gmail.com
Mon Nov 11 21:34:42 UTC 2013

On 11 Nov 2013 23:10, "Michael M Slusarz" <slusarz at horde.org> wrote:

>  Quoting Simon B <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>:

>>> No.  That is a relic of basic view and is bad behavior.  The user
>>> doesn't care which mailbox the result is from.  Additionally, it also
>>> prevents sorting search results.
>>

>>   Michael, I beg to differ.  In a corporate environment this is quite
>> useful and the user does care.  I care less (although some) as an admin
>> because I have other tech and logic skills.  However in my day job
>> managing projects, I'd be lost without this.
>

> Disagree.  No other MUA does this either, for the reasons stated above.

Clearly you disagree otherwise you wouldn't have stated what you did..

Outlook, however, does show you which folder the mail is in.  So "no other"
is factually incorrect.

> (For example, Thunderbird allows you to select a specific mailbox after
you search, but DOESN'T identify what mailbox any individual message is
from in the results list.  Gmail merges all search results into a single
list.)

We're talking folders in a mailbox, not mailboxes.  And even Gmail shows me
the labels (their incarnation of folders).

I don't care if you do or don't.  But some users care and some MUAs cater
for this, and some reasonable arguments can be made for both sides.

Simon