[imp] 3 questions

R Phillips R.I.Phillips at bath.ac.uk
Wed Nov 13 14:27:10 UTC 2013

Three questions relating to Horde Groupware Webmail Edition 5.1.3, all
of which may involve me looking in the right place in the documentation
so pointers gratefully accepted.

Firstly, We have implemented a hook to do a check for a condition on
login, is there any way to feed back the reason for failure to the login
page?  eg "Your login failed because you need to contact the help desk" etc.

Second, certainly in my browser, if I leave Imp logged in, come back
after session timeout and click on Address book I get something like the
following:

/*-secure-{"response":null,"msgs":[{"charset":"UTF-8","message":"Handler
for action \"turba\" does not exist.","flags":[],"type":"horde.error"}]}*/

or when I went off just now to check session settings:

/*-secure-{"response":null,"msgs":[{"charset":"UTF-8","message":"Handler
for action \"admin\" does not exist.","flags":[],"type":"horde.error"}]}*/

This isn't ideal for production, is there something I can do here?

Thirdly, I implemented a link on the quota warning top menu band, fairly
simplistically, example "<a href='' target="_black">Quota increase
request</a>" which is fine, until you come to click refresh whereupon
the message gets appended to the old one.

I'm just forcing this in imp/lib/Quota/Ui.php

$ret['message'] = sprintf($strings['short'] . 'added message',
$ret['percent'], $quota['limit'], $unit);

Is there a better way of doing this?

Thanks all