[imp] Mail compose opens empty window

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Fri Nov 22 20:13:16 UTC 2013

Quoting Karel Kozlík <kozlik at kufr.cz>:

> Ok, so I have traced the javascript and I have found the problem! It
> was quite tough task.
>
> I found that the composer window miss KeyNavList javascript object. Adding:
>
> $page_output->addScriptFile('keynavlist.js', 'horde');
>
> To the IMP_Dynamic_Compose_Common::compose() function solved the
> problem. See attached patch.
>

> But what I do not understand is, why NOBODY! seen this issue? This
> is a type of error that have to affect everybody!! How this could
> happen?

Have you disabled BOTH spellchecking and address autocompletion?
Keynavlist is loaded via that code (in Horde_Core).

So I would guess the reason that nobody has seen it is because it is
extremely unlikely that both are disabled on any given system.  But
you are correct that it should be explicitly added in the rare event
that this is the case.

BTW, the patch should instead be this:

$page_output->addScriptPackage('Keynavlist');

since keynavlist.js has some additional dependencies that also need to
be loaded.

michael