[imp] Compose message in HTML not working

Aria Bamdad aria at bsc.gwu.edu
Mon Nov 25 20:07:13 UTC 2013

>> Hi,
>>

>> We seem to have problems with HTML composition of a new or replied to
>> message and cut/paste from Word:
>>

>> 1-Using Firefox 25.0, when you paste from Word using the 'paste from
word'
>> button, you get a browser security setting dialog box asking you to paste
in
>> the box, then click OK.  When you paste in the box, the formatting is
>> preserved as in the original Word document.  However, when you click OK,
the
>> inserted text is unformatted.
>>

>> 2-When you use IE 9 or 10, the problem as above.  Pasted from word loses
>> formatting.
>
>Maybe this?
>
>http://www.keyvan.net/2012/11/clean-up-html-on-paste-in-ckeditor/
>
>> 3-When you use IE 11, you can't paste at all.  You click the paste from
word
>> button, get a security message regarding access to the clipboard, then
you
>> get nothing.  In fact, you can't even do standard paste in IE 11 from say
>> Notepad or using ctrl-C & ctrl-V.
>
>That sounds more like a browser/ckeditor issue.  Unfortunately, we
>can't upgrade to ckeditor 4 because it will break a bunch of custom
>code that is specific to ckeditor 3 (needed, e.g., to switch between
>plaintext and html compose modes; allow spellchecking on html content).
>
>michael

Thanks Michael.  Looking at the ckeditor site, I see lots of reported
bugs/problems with regards to version 3.  Is there any plan for moving to
version 4 in the future?  In a business environment, cut/paste between
applications is quite often used as users need to get content from various
sources to put into a message.

Also, it seems that with IE 11, you can't cut/paste anything at all (even
plain text).

Thanks,
Aria