[imp] imp usability questions

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Fri Dec 27 20:57:29 UTC 2013

Quoting "John H. Bennett III" <bennettj at thebennetthome.com>:

> Hello,
>
> After spending some time using the latest stable version of imp, I
> have two usability questions to better improve my user experience.
>
> 1. Is there an easy way to change the layout of the imp main screen?

Via the CSS files.

Sure, if you are willing to fund the work.  http://horde.org/consulting

> 2. The select all checkbox now seems to me to be an unusable
> feature/function.  If I choose select all, I only want to delete all
> the messages on that page, not every single message in the mailbox.

There is no concept of "pages" anymore.  Which is pretty much the
standard UI paradigm these days.  I certainly hope that clicking the
select all button does not select only the few rows I can see.  I
can't think of another UI that does this.

The old "standard" IMP page uses pages.  But that was not because of
UI reasons - instead it is due to resource-limitation issues.

All decent email clients show the entire mailbox in a single list (I'm
looking at you Gmail).  Paging results is so 2001.

michael