[imp] Horde webmail install - 'webmail-install not installing'

Simon B simon.buongiorno at gmail.com
Mon Dec 30 14:08:50 UTC 2013

Please keep replies onlist and don't top-post.

On 30 December 2013 08:06, Barry Haycock <barryh at flappingfish.net> wrote:
>  Hi Simon,
>
> Thanks for responding to my question.
>
> The instruction to run webmail-install is located at dot point 3.3
> (Finishing Installation) on the page in question

Ah.  Okay.  Sorry, I don't have experience installing the groupware
package, so I missed that.

> Basically I want to install the groupware version of horde/imp. I have been
> running version 1.2 of groupware on my system and it is well past the time
> to upgrade. Version 1.2 was installed by downloading tarballs.

Yes, indeed.  Highly recommended and well worth it when you get it done.

> Using pear gives me alot of errors as shown in the output below and when I
> run pear run-scripts horde/horde_role i have pear install in
> /var/www/html/horde but after installation looking in this dir shows three
> dirs but no horde or webmail instaall. the 3 dirs are:
>
> /var/www/html/horde/js
>
> /var/www/html/content &
>
> /var/www/html/horde/timeobjects
>
> I have tried installing horde as you have indicated in your email a number
> of time but unless I am missing something it doesn't appear to install as
> there is no configuration files that I would expect to see in a horde
> install.
>
> By default where does horde install to?
>
> [root at www horde]# uname -a
> Linux www.<domain> 2.6.32-358.14.1.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Jul 16 23:51:20 UTC
> 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>
> The output you requested is included below, I have shown the output of my
> pear uninstall.

SNIP

> [root at www local]# pear install horde/horde_role
> downloading Horde_Role-1.0.1.tar ...
> Starting to download Horde_Role-1.0.1.tar (37,376 bytes)
> ..........done: 37,376 bytes
> install ok: channel://pear.horde.org/Horde_Role-1.0.1
> horde/Horde_Role has post-install scripts:
> /usr/local/lib/php/PEAR/Installer/Role/Horde/Role.php
> Horde_Role: Use "pear run-scripts horde/Horde_Role" to finish setup.
> DO NOT RUN SCRIPTS FROM UNTRUSTED SOURCES
> [root at www local]# pear run-scripts horde/horde_role
> Including external post-installation script
> "/usr/local/lib/php/PEAR/Installer/Role/Horde/Role.php" - any errors are in
> this script
> Inclusion succeeded
> running post-install script "Horde_Role_postinstall->init()"
> init succeeded
> Filesystem location for the base Horde application : /var/www/html/horde
> Configuration successfully saved to PEAR config.
> Install scripts complete
> [root at www local]# pear install horde/webmail
> Did not download optional dependencies: horde/Horde_Argv,
> horde/Horde_Controller, horde/Horde_ElasticSearch, use --alldeps to download
> automatically
> Did not download optional dependencies: horde/Horde_Db, horde/Horde_Share,
> use --alldeps to download automatically

Perhaps try pear install -a (or --alldeps) horde/webmail

SNIP

> install ok: channel://pear.horde.org/Horde_Icalendar-2.0.7
> install ok: channel://pear.horde.org/Horde_History-2.2.1
> install ok: channel://pear.horde.org/Horde_Imap_Client-2.16.2
> install ok: channel://pear.horde.org/Horde_Itip-2.0.5
> install ok: channel://pear.horde.org/Horde_Share-2.0.4
> install ok: channel://pear.horde.org/Horde_Data-2.0.4
> install ok: channel://pear.horde.org/Horde_Core-2.11.1
> install ok: channel://pear.horde.org/content-2.0.3
> install ok: channel://pear.horde.org/timeobjects-2.0.4
> install ok: channel://pear.horde.org/Horde_Form-2.0.6
> install ok: channel://pear.horde.org/Horde_Dav-1.0.3
> install ok: channel://pear.horde.org/Horde_Rpc-2.1.1
> [root at www local]#

It's clearly installing some of the stuff, so perhaps it's just
dependencies that are lacking.

What is the output of pear list-files horde/horde or pear list-files
horde/webmail?

I had a similar problem when I first installed Horde 4 and eventually,
I was able to fix it by removing pear completely (including some of
the horde directories manually), rebooting and reinstalling PEAR.

However, you can try:

pear uninstall `pear list -c horde | tail -n +4 | awk '{ print "horde/"$1 }'`
pear clear-cache
pear channel-update horde

For the record here is what I did, but since you want the groupware
package it is not much use to you.

✗ pear install Date_Holidays Text_CAPTCHA-alpha Text_Figlet Net_Sieve
Console_Table File_Find SOAP date mdb2#mysql mdb2#mysqli http log
Services_Weather Cache Auth_SASL Net_DNS2 Net_SMTP
✗ pear channel-discover pear.horde.org
✗ pear install horde/horde_role
✗ pear run-scripts horde/horde_role

The last command will ask you for the file system location for your
Horde installation. This should be some path in your web server's
document root, e.g. /usr/share/horde4

To install  Horde, run the following commands:

✗ pear install horde/horde horde/imp horde/ingo horde/kronolith
horde/mnemo horde/nag horde/turba horde/passwd horde/timeobjects
horde/content horde/Horde_ActiveSync

Upgrade Pear and install pecl packages
✗ pear upgrade
✗ pecl install fileinfo xdiff geoip ssh2 sasl idn imagick lzf memcache
✗ vim /etc/php5/apache2/conf.d/lzf.ini

; configuration for php LZF module
extension=lzf.so

Then point your browser to the installation location, go to the
Administration/Configuration screen and start configuring.

Simon