[imp] How to how to see folderwise quota usage?

Mauricio Jose T. Tecles mtecles at biof.ufrj.br
Tue Dec 31 17:52:10 UTC 2013

Citando ANANT S ATHAVALE <asa at isac.gov.in>:

> Dear List,
>
> Is there any way to see folderwise quota usage in IMP 6.1?

I use mbox, not mdir, Dovecot as IMAP server and quota packages both
from Debian Wheezy, stable distribution. I made some modifications to
IMP (basic and dynamic views) and opened a wiki entry.

http://wiki.horde.org/AltImapQuotaH5I6?referrer=HowTo

This describes modifications to IMP 6.1.6 (Horde 5.1.5) quota to use
two different partitions (file systems) with quota enabled. One is
used for INBOX and the other is used for IMAP folders. User cannot see
folder's size, user sees total folders usage and quota for the file
system that holds folders (/home, for me).

Dovecot very simple configuration:

/etc/dovecot/conf.d

10-mail.conf:

mail_location = mbox:~/mail:INBOX=/var/mail/%u

20-imap.conf:

protocol imap {

   mail_plugins = $mail_plugins imap_quota

90-plugin.conf:

plugin {
   # Assuming INBOX in /var/mail/ which is mounted to /var
   quota = fs:INBOX:mount=/var
   # Assuming other mailboxes are in /home mount
   quota2 = fs:Others:mount=/home
}

Dovecot can be configured to do bether, even control quota itself, but
that is another story.

I think that if your IMAP server answers to IMAP quota, its very
likely that it will work.

Mauricio