[imp] How to how to see folderwise quota usage?

Mauricio Jose T. Tecles mtecles at biof.ufrj.br
Wed Jan 1 15:06:17 UTC 2014

Citando ANANT S ATHAVALE <asa at isac.gov.in>:

> ----- Message from "Mauricio Jose T. Tecles" <mtecles at biof.ufrj.br>
> ---------
>    Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 15:52:10 -0200
>    From: "Mauricio Jose T. Tecles" <mtecles at biof.ufrj.br>
> Subject: Re: [imp] How to how to see folderwise quota usage?
>      To: imp at lists.horde.org
>
>> Citando ANANT S ATHAVALE <asa at isac.gov.in>:
>>
>>> Dear List,
>>>
>>> Is there any way to see folderwise quota usage in IMP 6.1?
>>
>> I use mbox, not mdir, Dovecot as IMAP server and quota packages both
>> from Debian Wheezy, stable distribution. I made some modifications to
>> IMP (basic and dynamic views) and opened a wiki entry.
>>
>> http://wiki.horde.org/AltImapQuotaH5I6?referrer=HowTo
>>
>> This describes modifications to IMP 6.1.6 (Horde 5.1.5) quota to use two
>> different partitions (file systems) with quota enabled. One is used for
>> INBOX and the other is used for IMAP folders. User cannot see folder's
>> size, user sees total folders usage and quota for the file system that
>> holds folders (/home, for me).
>>
>> Dovecot very simple configuration:
>>
>> /etc/dovecot/conf.d
>>
>> 10-mail.conf:
>>
>> mail_location = mbox:~/mail:INBOX=/var/mail/%u
>>
>> 20-imap.conf:
>>
>> protocol imap {

>> mail_plugins = $mail_plugins imap_quota
>>
>> 90-plugin.conf:
>>
>> plugin {
>> # Assuming INBOX in /var/mail/ which is mounted to /var
>> quota = fs:INBOX:mount=/var
>> # Assuming other mailboxes are in /home mount
>> quota2 = fs:Others:mount=/home
>> }
>>
>> Dovecot can be configured to do bether, even control quota itself, but
>> that is another story.
>>
>> I think that if your IMAP server answers to IMAP quota, its very likely
>> that it will work.
>>
>> Mauricio
>>
>>> --
>>>          Regards
>>>           Anant

>>> Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachments,
>>> is for
>>> the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential
>>> and
>>> privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
>>> distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,
> please
>>> contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the
> original
>>> message.

> ----- End message from "Mauricio Jose T. Tecles" <mtecles at biof.ufrj.br>
> -----
>
> I use Cyrus-IMAP.  We were able to see the quota usage folderwise in Horde
> 3 and Horde 4 at least in Basic View.  Is this feature exists in Basic
> View of Horde 5, if not in Dynamic view?

Yes (IMP 6.1.6, Horde 5.1.5), but I don't know what quota driver you
used with Horde 3 and 4. I used quota command driver with Horde 3, now
I use a modified quota imap driver.
Read again my answer above and take a look at the wiki link. I use to
test in a test server before apply changes to my production server.

To the moderator: I have tried to attach an image to this answer, but
it was too big and I could not cancel it using the link in the warnig
message. It can be cancelled.

Mauricio