[imp] Changed 'cache' parameter of in backends.local.php

lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de
Tue Jan 14 15:23:39 UTC 2014

Zitat von ANANT S ATHAVALE <asa at isac.gov.in>:

> ----- Message from lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de ---------
>    Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 12:39:03 +0100
>    From: lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de
> Subject: ***SPAM-UTM*** Re: [imp] Changed 'cache' parameter of in
> backends.local.php
>      To: imp at lists.horde.org
>
>> Zitat von ANANT S ATHAVALE <asa at isac.gov.in>:
>>
>>> Dear List,
>>>
>>> Based on suggestion, changed 'cache' parameter configured in
>>> backends.local.php of IMP from 'cache' to 'sql'.  Which table of Horde
>>> will now contain Cache?  I checked the contents of horde_cache and had
> no
>>> entries. Please clarify.
>>
>> From what i know it is in the horde_imap_client_* tables.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Andreas
>>
>> --
>
> ----- End message from lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de -----
>
> Yes, the tables contain data.  But, I felt, checking mails was slow when
> compared to when it was set to 'cache'.  Mysqld is local to the system.

Some time ago one of the Horde developers explained to me that because
of overhead when using Horde file base cache (serialization) for IMAP
caching, the sql cache would be more useful in this case. It might be
though that when you have a database with slow insert but fast CPU the
picture changes. From different other projects i have heard that MySQL
could be *really* slow on inserts, but we use PostgreSQL so i could
not comment on this.

Regards

Andreas