[imp] How to break the vertical line while replying to mail...?

ANANT S ATHAVALE asa at isac.gov.in
Thu Feb 20 11:29:08 UTC 2014

Dear List,

This may be very simple, but I don't know.  I see Jan and others while
replying to mail, they write reply inline to my message with break in left
vertical line (which indicates the original message).

How to break the left vertical line and write my comments and left vertical
line may continue further down.
--
           Regards
            Anant