[imp] Some of our users are loosing their mails.

Andy Dorman adorman at ironicdesign.com
Thu Feb 20 14:30:26 UTC 2014

On 02/20/2014 12:52 AM, ANANT S ATHAVALE wrote:
>   ----- Message from Simon B <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com> ---------
>     Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 06:49:00 +0100
>     From: Simon B <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [imp] Some of our users are loosing their mails.
>       To: ANANT S ATHAVALE <asa at isac.gov.in>
>       Cc: imp at lists.horde.org
>
>> On 20 Feb 2014 05:54, "ANANT S ATHAVALE" <asa at isac.gov.in> wrote:
>>>
>>> Dear List,
>>>
>>> The users are using horizontal view.  They click on a message and it
> gets
>>> displayed at the bottom half.  This also makes check box left to that
>>> message getting selected.
>>>
>>> Now, they scroll down to see some other mails and while viewing, they
>>> decide to select some mails which can be deleted without even
>>> opening/seeing.  So, they do it by checking/clicking on the check box
> and
>>> by now, they have already forgotten that, there is one message on the
>>> top,
>>> which is already selected as it was being viewed.
>>>
>>> Now, they click on Delete.  So, this makes one extra mail getting
>>> deleted,
>>> though they don't intend to delete it.
>>>
>>> Though, I feel, it is the user who is doing the mistake, but, how to
>>> avoid
>>> this happening, even unknowingly.
>>> --
>>
>>   There's a confirmation preference isn't there?  To have a pop-up
>> confirming deletes?  Turn it on and lock it?
>>
>>   Simon
>
> ----- End message from Simon B <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com> -----
>
> I have not come across pop-up confirming delete.  Is it really there?  I
> checked in prefs.php.  Please confirm.

We do NOT want a pop-up to confirm delete.  There is NO need for one and
it just wastes a user's time.

--
Andy Dorman
FanMail.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message is for the named person's use only.
It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged
information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any
erroneous transmission. If you receive this message in error, please
immediately destroy it and notify the sender. You must not, directly or
indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, or copy any part of this message
if you are not the intended recipient.