[imp] IMP 6.2 release date

azurIt azurit at pobox.sk
Wed Feb 26 17:24:10 UTC 2014

> Od: Andy Dorman <adorman at ironicdesign.com>
> Komu: <imp at lists.horde.org>
> Dátum: 26.02.2014 18:00
> Predmet: Re: [imp] IMP 6.2 release date

>>> Really nothing? Is there anything which prevents doing a release?
>>>
>>> azur
>>> --
>>
>> Guys, this is just another open source software (a superb one).  Let's all understand what we doing here.  Those developers who dedicate their time (time=life) to writing this code and making it available to you and me are not doing it because they are great friends of ours or that they owe us something.  They are doing it because they love the product they are developing and they want the world to benefit from it (and other reasons I am sure).
>>
>> Let's not be so demanding as to suggest that if they take too long to put a release out, we are going to fire them.
>>
>> They do have a donation link and they also have a way for us to fund the implementation of features.  If you feel strongly that releases should happen in a timely manner, then fund that.  If you feel strongly that a feature should exist, then fund that!  Other than that, all we can do as users of this product is to spread the word as to how good it is, keep using it and assist in helping others with their problems on this list.  Not to pester them about adding features and the like.  Do I agree with everything in the product and how it is implemented? No. But you can never find any product that everyone likes and agrees with.  All I can do is support the product by using it, and support the developers by funding them and if I can't fund them, then tell the what a good job they are doing once in a while.
>>
>> Thanks for listening.
>>
>> Aria
>>

>+10
>
>Good words Aria.

Guys, i already donated $100 to one of the new functions which will be included in this release and this is way i was asking this question - i just can't wait to start using it. I didn't want to mention it like this but  Aria, who probably never donated a cent to OSS, is trying to make me a troll here..

azur