[imp] Small issue after upgrade to HGWE 5.1.4

Arjen de Korte arjen+horde at de-korte.org
Sun Mar 16 10:44:57 UTC 2014

Citeren ANANT S ATHAVALE <asa at isac.gov.in>:

> Dear List,
>
> I just upgraded to HGWE 5.1.4.
>
> This is my immediate observation and is repeatable in case of a mail
> received from Gmail.
>
> I am sending a mail from my gmail account to an account which used
> HGWE 5.1.4.  If the subject is blank, the IMP displays Invalid
> Address for 'From' and 'Undisclosed Recipients' for 'To'.  This did
> not happen for mail sent using Yahoo account.
>
> Can anybody check and confirm this behaviour?

Just recently I received a message which was similarly malformed. When
looking at the headers, the only thing that stood out is an odd
looking recipient field:

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Gr=E9_Eveleens?= <user at example.com>,

According to the headers, it looks like the message originated from
Microsoft Office Outlook 11 and was scanned through Cloudmark
authority. I guess it may have to do something with encoding of the
headers (the sender has a poor track record for sending non-standards
compliant messages).

If a developer wants to take a stab at it, I can forward the
(unaltered) message (just let me know).