[imp] Small issue after upgrade to HGWE 5.1.4

Oscar del Rio delrio at mie.utoronto.ca
Sun Mar 16 14:47:54 UTC 2014

On 16/03/2014 6:16 AM, ANANT S ATHAVALE wrote:
> Dear List,
>
> I just upgraded to HGWE 5.1.4.
>
> This is my immediate observation and is repeatable in case of a mail
> received from Gmail.
>
> I am sending a mail from my gmail account to an account which used
> HGWE 5.1.4.  If the subject is blank, the IMP displays Invalid Address
> for 'From' and 'Undisclosed Recipients' for 'To'.  This did not happen
> for mail sent using Yahoo account.
>
> Can anybody check and confirm this behaviour?

I tested and got the same behaviour ("invalid address"/"undisclosed
recipients").

It seems to happen when the email has "Subject:" header but it is blank
or has only spaces ("Subject:    ")
It does not happen when Subject header is missing.
(gmail seems to send a blank Subject header while other clients such as
Thunderbird just omit the header)