[imp] Behaviour of Empty Folder option - clarification reg.

ANANT S ATHAVALE asa at isac.gov.in
Mon Mar 17 05:47:28 UTC 2014

Dear List,

Upgraded to HGWE 5.1.4.  I am not sure, whether the behaviour was same
even before upgrading or not. But, the user showed me the behaviour
which is not as expected (according to us).

The user has a preference that, deleted mails get moved to Trash.  He
is reaching quota limits.  He wants to empty a folder so that, usage
can be reduced.  So, he selects Empty Folder for the folder which he
wants to empty.  The output gives warning that, the mails will be
permanently deleted, and user confirms.  Now, IMP says, deleted or
emptied successfully and user finds that there are no mails in that
folder.  But, after few minutes, he finds that, all mails are right
back in that folder.  So, actually moving to Trash has actually
failed, but IMP displays successful operation.

Actually, IMP should have given out error for the operation.

Please, share your views.....

--
           Regards
            Anant