[imp] Horde (IMP) email problems

Edward Burr egburr at burr.cc
Thu May 8 20:45:59 UTC 2014

(None of this has anything to do with Horde/Imp)

Have you checked /var/log/maillog for errors? That might provide more
explanation as to what is wrong.

As for "your local server is on a network range that is being
blocked", he is probably referring to the dynamic IP address block
lists such as http://www.sorbs.net/faq/dul.shtml

I'm in that situation, and because of the increasing number of
organizations using those listsd I have to have my home mail server
relay all mail through my ISP's mail server.  I don't know about
Hotmail, but Google recently stopped accepting mail from my ISP's
regular server, and after a few conversations with my ISP's support
staff, I learned that they have setup a new smtpauth server because of
that. Once I reconfigured to relay my mail through that, I can now get
mail to gmail addresses again.

I hope this helps some.
Edward

Quoting Louis-Philippe Allard <lp.allard.1 at gmail.com>:

> On Thu, May 8, 2014 at 2:46 PM, Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org> wrote:
>
>> Quoting Louis-Philippe Allard <lp.allard.1 at gmail.com>:
>>
>>  So far I have tried sending emails to two different adresses, one on
>>> Gmail,
>>> and the other on hotmail.  None have made it through.  Sending an email
>>> from my horde to a hotmail address, I get a mail from "Delivery subsystem"
>>> with more or less this content:
>>>
>>> ***********************************
>>>
>>> "The original message was received at Thu, 8 May 2014 08:14:25 -0400
>>> from localhost [127.0.0.1]
>>>
>>>    ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
>>> xxxxxxxxxxxxxx at hotmail.com
>>>     (reason: 550 OU-002 (COL0-MC6-F27) Unfortunately, messages from
>>> XX.XX.XX.XX weren't sent. Please contact y...ock list. You can also refer
>>> your provider to http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors.)
>>>
>>>    ----- Transcript of session follows -----
>>> ... while talking to mx4.hotmail.com.:

>>> weren't sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of
>>> their network is on our block list. You can also refer your provider to
>>> http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors.
>>> 554 5.0.0 Service unavailable
>>>

>> Your local server is on a network range that is being blocked from
>> relaying messages to hotmail.com.  This has nothing to do with Horde/IMP
>> (or any other local MUA you are using) - this is a mail transfer issue
>> (i.e. at the SMTP level).
>>
>> michael

> Sorry for asking such stupid things but by network range, what do you
> mean?  This is a home server having a local IP (delivered by my local
> router).  This used to work perfectly.  All I changed is the server OS
> which is now CentOS 6.5.
>
> My router gets an IP from my ISP.  Simple's that!
>
> I'd like if you can expand your explanation just a bit more so I can get a
> clear picture!
>
> Thanks again!

"In television it is a cardinal sin to allow the viewer a
single moment when his ears and eyes are not assaulted by
sound and fury" -- Alfred Hitchcock, announcing a commercial
break in "Hangover" aired 12/06/1962 and just as true today