[imp] Undelete from Virtual Trash/Purge Virtual Trash on login

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Tue May 13 05:46:00 UTC 2014

Quoting Jasper Olbrich <jasper.olbrich at students.uni-marburg.de>:

> Hello,
>
> I'm using IMP 6.1.7 on Horde 5.1.6 and having two issues concerning
> the Virtual Trash:
>
> 1) How do I undelete messages? I can't find any way to do this: no
> item in the context menu, drag+drop into a different folder seems to
> have no effect, as well as the "delete" button above the Virtual
> Trash message list.
>
> 2) The "Purge Trash how often"-Option seems to have no effect when
> Virtual Trash is in use.
>
> Is this known/intentional/fixed in IMP 6.2?

It's intentional.  The login task is skipped if virtual trash is selected.

I believe the logic is that Purge Trash is specific to cleaning out a
*real* Trash mailbox.  At least that's the way the documentation has
been written and how it has behaved.  It can be argued whether this is
correct logic or not... but I'd be concerned by changing this kind of
destructive intentional behavior in a point release (IMP 6.2).

michael