[imp] Entering S/MIME passphrase fails when sending email

Edward Burr egburr at burr.cc
Thu May 22 11:35:52 UTC 2014

Horde Groupware Webmail Edition 5.1.4
Horde 5.1.6
Imp 6.1.7

If I am writing a new email and have not yet entered my S/MIME
passphrase this session, when I click send, Horde promps me to enter
it. But, when I do, a pink error message pops up and disappears too
quickly to read, and the email vanishes and does not get sent.

The passphrase does apparently take effect, though, because I can then
write the email anew and send it successfully.

My work-around for now is when I get that prompt, I cancel it, go to
my mail preferences for S/MIME, and enter my passphrase there, then go
click Send again, and the email sends successfully the first time.

Is this a bug, or is there some config option I'm missing? Any idea
what that error message might be?
--
"In television it is a cardinal sin to allow the viewer a
single moment when his ears and eyes are not assaulted by