[imp] Entering S/MIME passphrase fails when sending email

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Thu May 22 17:38:07 UTC 2014

Quoting Edward Burr <egburr at burr.cc>:

> Horde Groupware Webmail Edition 5.1.4
> Horde 5.1.6
> Imp 6.1.7
>
> If I am writing a new email and have not yet entered my S/MIME
> passphrase this session, when I click send, Horde promps me to enter
> it. But, when I do, a pink error message pops up and disappears too
> quickly to read, and the email vanishes and does not get sent.
>
> The passphrase does apparently take effect, though, because I can
> then write the email anew and send it successfully.
>
> My work-around for now is when I get that prompt, I cancel it, go to
> my mail preferences for S/MIME, and enter my passphrase there, then
> go click Send again, and the email sends successfully the first time.

If the message sends, the passphrase was successful entered.  A
'horde.success' notification (green) is displayed.

If the passphrase was NOT successfully entered, A 'horde.error'
notification (red) is displayed.

There's no way in the current code for a successful result to be
returned while issuing a horde.error notification.  So either the
horde.error notification is being triggered by something in the code
other than the passphrase verification code (in which case you should
be seeing both a green and a red message) or I have no idea what is
happening, and can't reproduce.

michael