[imp] Preview pane

Staff Forwarding staff at 4xtra.com
Fri Jul 25 14:18:02 UTC 2014

I am trying to persuade a few holdouts to convert to Horde (we are
running 5.1.3)

The only remaining issue is the behaviour when selecting a message: they
are used to clicking on a message title/sender and the full panel being
replaced with the message. A back button is required, of course, to
return to the list, but this is significantly faster than opening the
message in a new window and has a much larger display area that the
preview pane and dozen;t require them to use the splitter between the
message list and message preview panels to expand the preview size.

I have an idea that the behaviour of the existing "thumb" on the
splitter could be co-opted to help. Currently a double-click splits the
window size evenly.

Firstly, would it be possible to click or double-click and toggle the
panel to full size (or near full) and half size? That is probably simple
enough, but I'm not a JavaScript programmer.

Secondly, assuming this is straight forward, could the expansion to full
size be activated by clicking on the mail title in the message list?
Reversing it back to half size would have to depend on the splitter
thumb I suppose.

Not being a brilliant JavaScript programmer I don't wish to embark on
this if someone can think of a good reason why not to do it, or if it
would break something

/Chris