[imp] How to configure MARK AS READ or MARK AS NOT READ the emails

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Mon Jul 28 19:29:05 UTC 2014

Quoting Brent <impuser at bitrealm.com>:

> the
> change

>>> Not to hijack this thread, but I don't see a way to mark/unmark multiple
>>> messages as "seen" or "un-seen" using the checkboxes.
>>
>> There are 2 locations to do this ... in the "Other" menu and in the
>> right click context menu.
>>
>>> The option is shown when you select two
>>> messages under "Mark As", but it doesn't do anything.
>>
>> Works fine here.  Are you sure you are "unmarking" seen if trying to
>> make it unseen?  (It's the opposite logic of most other flags).
>>
>> michael
>>

> I see now.  Once you have more than one message highlighted, I get a new
> right-click option:  "Unmark As".  Not terribly intuitive as the "Mark
> As" is still there but doesn't do anything.

Still confused by "doesn't do anything".  Everything works for me.

Example: Select one read and one unread message.  So 2 messages are selected.
How would you select BOTH as seen (or both as unseen) unless you had
two options?  Once you have multiple messages, you can't have a simple
"toggle" button anymore, since the semantics of the button don't make
sense when the selected messages are of different flag values.

michael