[imp] First time setup of installed horde/imp (Ubuntu)

Mauricio Jose T. Tecles mtecles at biof.ufrj.br
Tue Aug 5 15:21:17 UTC 2014

----- Mensagem de "L. D. James" <ljames at apollo3.com> ---------
    Data: Tue, 05 Aug 2014 09:45:21 -0400
      De: "L. D. James" <ljames at apollo3.com>
Assunto: [imp] First time setup of installed horde/imp (Ubuntu)
    Para: imp at lists.horde.org

> I just used the linux Ubuntu repository system to install Horde/imp.

Unless you have a very good reason to use outdated Horde package by
Ubuntu, I sugest install it via pear as per instructions
(http://www.horde.org/apps/horde/docs/INSTALL). Read documents of
every Horde application you will use (IMP, Kronolith, Turba, Ingo, etc).

> I can't find steps for logging into it and setting it up.  I believe
> the default message that comes is a hint:
>
> Web Page message when clicking on my local horde site:
> A fatal error has occurred
> This system is currently deactivated.
> Details have been logged for the administrator.

If you still want to use Horde Ubuntu package see the log mentioned
above. Try /usr/share/doc for horde or php-horde.

Mauricio