[imp] First time setup of installed horde/imp (Ubuntu)

L. D. James ljames at apollo3.com
Tue Aug 5 19:51:31 UTC 2014

On 08/05/2014 11:21 AM, Mauricio Jose T. Tecles wrote:

> ----- Mensagem de "L. D. James" <ljames at apollo3.com> ---------
>    Data: Tue, 05 Aug 2014 09:45:21 -0400
>      De: "L. D. James" <ljames at apollo3.com>
> Assunto: [imp] First time setup of installed horde/imp (Ubuntu)
>    Para: imp at lists.horde.org
>

>> I just used the linux Ubuntu repository system to install Horde/imp.
>
> Unless you have a very good reason to use outdated Horde package by
> Ubuntu, I sugest install it via pear as per instructions
> (http://www.horde.org/apps/horde/docs/INSTALL). Read documents of
> every Horde application you will use (IMP, Kronolith, Turba, Ingo, etc).
>
>> I can't find steps for logging into it and setting it up.  I believe
>> the default message that comes is a hint:
>>
>> Web Page message when clicking on my local horde site:
>>
>> A fatal error has occurred
>> This system is currently deactivated.
>> Details have been logged for the administrator.
>>

> If you still want to use Horde Ubuntu package see the log mentioned
> above. Try /usr/share/doc for horde or php-horde.
>
> Mauricio
>

>> I'm sure there is a configuration file that must be edited to
>> actually activate the system.
>>
>> Thanks in advance for any input.
>>
>> -- L. James
>>
>> --
>> L. D. James
>> ljames at apollo3.com
>> www.apollo3.com/~ljames
>> --
>

> ----- Final da mensagem de "L. D. James" <ljames at apollo3.com> -----
>

> Maurício José T. Tecles
> Núcleo de Informática
> Instituto de Biofísica Carlos Chagas Filho - UFRJ
> mtecles at biof.ufrj.br
> Tel.: (21) 3938-6526 ou 3938-6544

Thanks for the comments.  I already tried the your suggestion before
giving this attempt through the repository.  I have gotten further along
using this method.  Actually I can tell that it's installed. It's now a
matter of trying to figure out how to configure... invoke the activation
of the installation.  I believe it has something to do with the
Registry.php.  I'm hoping someone would know a little more specifics.

The question comes up many times in Google searches.  This person in
this link appears to be running the latest and they are having the same
problem:

https://www.mail-archive.com/imp@lists.horde.org/msg09562.html

Once I figure it out, I'll update this thread so that others having this
problem can easily get it resolved.

-- L. James

--
L. D. James