[imp] IMP 6.3 features suggestions

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Mon Aug 11 18:24:18 UTC 2014

Quoting azurIt <azurit at pobox.sk>:

> i have some IMP 6.3 feature suggestions:

IMP 7.0 will be next.  We need to get the legacy basic view code
removed first since it is really hamstringing development in certain
areas.

>  - improvements for remote accounts:
>  - - Trash folder per remote account so removed messags are not
> completely lost and are stored inside remote account
>  - - Sent folder per remote account so sent messages are stored
> inside remote account
>  - - support for SMTP configuration per remote account so you can
> also safely send e-mails from remote account
>
>  - tabs
>

> What do you think?

These are all items that I likely won't be working on unless someone
can provide funding.

Note that remote accounts was designed as a way to *access* messages
on a remote server.  It was not designed as a full-blown MUA for that
server.  This was intentional, since the latter would take significant
refactoring of IMP.  IMP is designed to use a single "master" IMAP
account - i.e. the account you originally logged into.

Otherwise, you need to start doing things like having separate
preferences for each remote account.  We don't currently support that
- and that is a significant change to the preferences design to support.

michael