[imp] Is there a Mail View Option to Disable Split Screen (Message Pane)

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Thu Aug 14 17:34:14 UTC 2014

Quoting L. D. James <ljames at apollo3.com>:

> I'm trying to find a way to disable the split right frame of the
> mail view that shows the content of the message when selecting a
> message.  Most mail clients considers this a preview or view pane...
> Microsoft's Outlook refer to it as, "Reading Pane".  I always
> disable it for many reasons, which includes problems related to
> selecting message ranges when clicking a message and having it
> automatically opened unintended.  I don't want messages that I
> haven't had time to actually read marked as read while scrolling
> through the list.  You also loose a lot of view real-estate that
> could be used in listing more messages to choose from.
>
> This has always been possible in all my other versions of Imp which
> I have run in the past.

Not for awhile.  These display-specific preferences are now stored
per-browser (since a user may use more than 1 browser, and may have
different display limitations on each).

The default is in js/dimpcore.js (the prefs property in the DimpCore
object).  You can either edit the default in that file or you can do
something like dynamically add the value when loading the page via a
hook.

michael