[imp] Is there a Mail View Option to Disable Split Screen (Message Pane)

L. D. James ljames at apollo3.com
Thu Aug 14 21:27:45 UTC 2014

On 08/14/2014 01:34 PM, Michael M Slusarz wrote:
> Quoting L. D. James <ljames at apollo3.com>:
>
>> I'm trying to find a way to disable the split right frame of the mail
>> view that shows the content of the message when selecting a message.
>> Most mail clients considers this a preview or view pane...
>> Microsoft's Outlook refer to it as, "Reading Pane".  I always disable
>> it for many reasons, which includes problems related to selecting
>> message ranges when clicking a message and having it automatically
>> opened unintended.  I don't want messages that I haven't had time to
>> actually read marked as read while scrolling through the list. You
>> also loose a lot of view real-estate that could be used in listing
>> more messages to choose from.
>>
>> This has always been possible in all my other versions of Imp which I
>> have run in the past.
>
> Not for awhile.  These display-specific preferences are now stored
> per-browser (since a user may use more than 1 browser, and may have
> different display limitations on each).
>
> The default is in js/dimpcore.js (the prefs property in the DimpCore
> object).  You can either edit the default in that file or you can do
> something like dynamically add the value when loading the page via a
> hook.
>
> michael

Right, Michael.  It was quiet a long time ago.  Before this current
version I was running Horde3 when it first came out.  The horde package
is so powerful that it has last all those years without any glitches.

I recently had problems because of a hard drive failure.  I'll check for
updates more frequently now.

Thanks for the tip on the dimpcore object.  This was exactly what I was
looking for.  The single pane works great!

Oh yea, the new features with Horde are really Great!  I especially like
the ease of operation on the Android.

Thanks!

-- L. James

--