[imp] mail list not refreshing imp 6.2.1

Per olof Ljungmark peo at intersonic.se
Sat Aug 16 12:07:16 UTC 2014

Quoting Per olof Ljungmark <peo at intersonic.se>:

>>> Horde 5.2.1 / imp 6.2.1
>>>
>>> When set to update at regular intervals, changes to read/unread done in
>>> another mail reader are only visible in the browser tab and "Inbox" in
>>> the left column.
>>>
>>> The mail list is NOT updated, not even if ones clicks the "Refresh"
>>> button, browser tab and "Inbox" IS updated.
>>
>> Does your IMAP server support CONDSTORE/QRESYNC?  Real-time flag updates
>> are not supported on IMAP servers that don't support CONDSTORE.  (I can
>> verify real-time updates work on a CONDSTORE/QRESYNC server in IMP 6.2).
>>
>> michael
>>
>> ___________________________________Michael Slusarz [slusarz at horde.org]
>
> I should point out that both the production and the testing setup are
> connecting to the same mail server.
>
> OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ ID ENABLE STARTTLS AUTH=PLAIN SASL-IR]
> stranger.inter-sonic.com Cyrus IMAP v2.4.17 server ready
>
> OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ ID ENABLE ACL RIGHTS=kxte QUOTA
> MAILBOX-REFERRALS NAMESPACE UIDPLUS NO_ATOMIC_RENAME UNSELECT CHILDREN
> MULTIAPPEND BINARY CATENATE CONDSTORE ESEARCH SORT SORT=MODSEQ SORT=DISPLAY
> THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES ANNOTATEMORE LIST-EXTENDED WITHIN
> QRESYNC SCAN XLIST URLAUTH URLAUTH=BINARY LOGINDISABLED COMPRESS=DEFLATE
> IDLE]

Perhaps a bit more clarification,

- This is *maybe* only an issue when another MUA is used in addition
to IMP as we do here while evaluating the new version
- New mail displays ok in all three places, browser tab, Inbox and
message list
- All other info (Seen, Deleted etc) is NOT updated in the message
list, and this differs from previous version, The "Refresh" button
does NIL to update the message list.

Thanks,

//per
--