[imp] How to set 'Sent Items' to be the default Sent Mail Special Folder

L. D. James ljames at apollo3.com
Mon Aug 18 15:48:44 UTC 2014

On 08/18/2014 11:39 AM, Jan Schneider wrote:

> Zitat von L. D. James <ljames at apollo3.com>:

>>> Don't edit prefs.php. Read the comments.

>>> Changing identity preferences (like sent_mail_folder) only works if
>>> user don't have identities created yet, or create a new identity.
>>>
>> Thanks, Jan.  I read the comments and spent a couple of days trying
>> to do it without editing the conf.php file.  I edited the conf.php
>> file as last result to see if it made any difference.
>>
>> As I mentioned, I kept the backup and will restore the conf.php file
>> to it's default.
>>
>> I would appreciate it if you can tell me how to remove the user's
>> identities so that the defaults will be the say I have it set in the
>> backends.php configuration... if that is right.
>>
>> I really appreciate your input.
>>
>> -- L. James
>>
>> --
>> L. D. James
>> ljames at apollo3.com
>> www.apollo3.com/~ljames
>
> This hasn't anything to do with either conf.php or backends.php. Read
> more carefully. You have to change prefs.local.php.
> And to reset identities, you have to drop the rows from the
> horde_prefs table (if you are using SQL prefs) with the "identity"
> value in pref_name.

Thanks for your input.  I have been reading as much as I can for weeks.
I'm sure you'd be surprised at how much I've been reading. I've also
been rereading everything.  I eventually got it working. But I'm having
gaps in some of the components and really appreciate this resource to
help with some of the gaps.

I'll certainly give back to the community with all what I'm learning.

I had already dropped the prefs file which didn't do anything.  I recall
having seen a reference to a local php file, but had problems finding it
and finding where I saw the reference.  I had searched the whole file
system trying to find "local.php" files associated with horde.

But thanks to your input, it appears I'll probably have to create one
and start from there.

I'll work with this new information and give feedback.  If it works, I'm
sure others will benefit from the information.  If it fails, I'll hope
for more hints, while I continue to read and experiment.

Thanks again!

-- L. James

--
L. D. James