[imp] How to set 'Sent Items' to be the default Sent Mail Special Folder

Mauricio Jose T. Tecles mtecles at biof.ufrj.br
Mon Aug 18 16:54:09 UTC 2014

----- Mensagem de "L. D. James" <ljames at apollo3.com> ---------
    Data: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 11:48:44 -0400
      De: "L. D. James" <ljames at apollo3.com>
Assunto: Re: [imp] How to set 'Sent Items' to be the default Sent Mail
Special Folder
    Para: imp at lists.horde.org

> On 08/18/2014 11:39 AM, Jan Schneider wrote:
>>
>> Zitat von L. D. James <ljames at apollo3.com>:

>>> Thanks, Jan.  I read the comments and spent a couple of days
>>> trying to do it without editing the conf.php file.  I edited the
>>> conf.php file as last result to see if it made any difference.
>>>
>>> As I mentioned, I kept the backup and will restore the conf.php
>>> file to it's default.
>>>
>>> I would appreciate it if you can tell me how to remove the user's
>>> identities so that the defaults will be the say I have it set in
>>> the backends.php configuration... if that is right.
>>>
>>> I really appreciate your input.
>>>
>>> -- L. James
>>>
>>> --
>>> L. D. James
>>> ljames at apollo3.com
>>> www.apollo3.com/~ljames
>>
>> This hasn't anything to do with either conf.php or backends.php.
>> Read more carefully. You have to change prefs.local.php.
>> And to reset identities, you have to drop the rows from the
>> horde_prefs table (if you are using SQL prefs) with the "identity"
>> value in pref_name.
>>
> Thanks for your input.  I have been reading as much as I can for
> weeks.  I'm sure you'd be surprised at how much I've been reading.
> I've also been rereading everything.  I eventually got it working.
> But I'm having gaps in some of the components and really appreciate
> this resource to help with some of the gaps.
>
> I'll certainly give back to the community with all what I'm learning.
>
> I had already dropped the prefs file which didn't do anything.  I

It does!

> recall having seen a reference to a local php file, but had problems
> finding it and finding where I saw the reference.  I had searched
> the whole file system trying to find "local.php" files associated
> with horde.

You didn't find them because you didn't create them. Those files must
be created form the origonal ones. For example:

Copy the original backends.php to backends.local.php and edit
backends.local.php.
Copy the original prefs.php to prefs.local.php and edit
prefs.local.php. And so on.

The problem of editing original *.php files is that they may be
overwritten on upgrade and you may loose your modifications.
Don't forget to set permission to those files.

You can find this information on INSTALL documentation and at the
begining of those php files.

Mauricio